My oldest daughter made Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip cookies from the One Smart Cookie cookbook.
July 27, 2011
Today I made Bananas Foster Bread from the Cooking Light Annual Recipes 2011.
This smelled so good when it was in the oven and tasted even better!
Bananas Foster Bread
Cooking Light Annual Recipes 2011
Also featured in the October 2010 issue of Cooking Light Magazine
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 1/4 cup cognac or dark rum, divided
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 6 3/4 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Combine banana, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 5 tablespoons butter, and 3 tablespoons cognac in a nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to bubble. Remove from heat; cool. Place banana mixture in a large bowl. Add yogurt, remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, and eggs. Beat with a mixer at medium speed.
- 3. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through allspice) in a small bowl. Add flour mixture to banana mixture; beat just until blended. Pour batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Remove bread from pan; place on wire rack.
- 4. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter, remaining 1 tablespoon cognac, and powdered sugar; stir until well blended. Drizzle over the warm bread.
Maureen Callahan, Cooking Light
July 23, 2011
July 14, 2011
July 12, 2011
July 11, 2011
July 10, 2011
July 9, 2011
Yesterday evening I was driving west on Marsh Creek Road. The sun was setting behind the foothills and Mt. Diablo and the sky was full of beautiful colors. The moon was bright in the sky, lighting up the fields.
Where was my camera? At home. I only had the camera on my cell phone.
I need to bring a camera EVERYWHERE I go!!!
Here are some (grainy and unclear) photos.
I am posting these mainly to remind me to always carry my camera!
These could have been so much better........darn it!
I am linking this blog entry to Skywatch Friday.
July 8, 2011
Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting and Chocolate Shavings.
Happy Birthday to my Little Boy...who eats cupcakes like a man!
Upon reading this Little Boy commented that he is NOT little, he is 8 years old (!!!!), and he is BIG!
Might be time to rethink the kids nicknames!
Other recent posts....
Chipotle Chicken with Coriander Rice . Oh wow, was this dinner ever delicious! The cherry preserves and chipotle sauce was the per...
Capture Your 365 Day 112: Fibonacci in Nature
Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Sandwiches . These sandwiches were so delicious and so quick and easy. I'm pretty sure this will be...
Maisy relaxing in the sun.
Capture Your 365 Day 281: Outline. A creative display at the local library to promote 'killer thrillers'!
Capture Your 365 Day 299: Indulgence. Ahhhhh, my morning indulgence! Hot coffee and a homemade mini pumpkin muffin!
Grilled Red Curry Chicken and Bell Peppers . Recipe from Cooking Light . This was quick and delicious. It was flavorful and not as...